Wednesday 27 May 2015

Diorama Part 2

I knew from my previous diorama hand in that I wasn't going to get a very good mark which is a shame really. I was hoping I'd do well enough, but at the same time I didn't get my hopes up. But with this second chance I was able to really get into the re make of it. I decided I wanted to re-do a tree however I just made a different type of tree. I created a small bonsai willow tree.

I didn't need to do any more research as I already had the previous research from the first time I had created my diorama. This was just a case of re-modelling the tree. The thing that I found most difficult was the leaves. With the previous diorama that is what I found most difficult as well. For some reason I could not find the right combination to make the alphas work properly with the tree. I find that they best way to create the willow leaves is to create planes which look and fold like willow leaves, then within that I would create the alpha texture so that they look individual, leaves. I layered the planes and changed the to make the branches look fuller. I then took the trunk of the tree into zbrush once I had arranged the alpha leaves so that I could add in more detail especially with the roots. With this I baked it out and created a normal and AO to give the illusion that the low poly is high poly. I unwrapped and textured it then imported it into UE4 and gave it a scene with some modular rocks I had made.

Here is the final piece:


No comments:

Post a Comment